This post is more than 18 months old. Since technology changes too rapidly, this content may be out of date (but that's not always the case). Please remember to verify any technical or programming information with the current release.
I’ve been using the wp-codebox plugin for a while… and an upgrade came today!
Well, I applied the upgrade - and now every page that has a code box on it was causing my JS to crash. The first thing I did was disable the inclusion of the
jquery.js file in the plugin by editing the
codebox_header() function. Then, I deleted the
jquery.js file from the
/js folder in the plugin. Finally, I edited
js/codebox.js to remove the reference to the old jquery’s
noConflict() method. I removed the
$jcodebox variable and replaced it with the
$ only. Now, all is well.